How to set up sending and receiving email
Once your email account with Pixel Marsala has been set up and is active please read all the instructions below for help on setting up your email programs, setting up your smart phone devices, and accessing your account online.
Setting up your Email Software and Smart Devices
Use the following settings in your email program, or on your smart devices. You can set up your Blackberry or any other smartphone device using these same settings. If you are prompted, you may also choose "IMAP" instead of "POP" as the mail server type. However, we recommend using POP unless you are familiar with using IMAP.
Choose to set up a new email account and answer the prompts using the following information:
- Login ID: Use your Full Email Address . For example: email@example.com
- Password: Use the password that was given to you. NOTE: your password is case sensitive.
- Incoming POP3 Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com
- Outgoing SMTP Mail Server: mail.yourdomainname.com
- Find the option for "Requires SMTP Authentication" and make sure it is enabled. If it asks for a name and password use your email address and your email account password. (In Outlook click on the More Settings button and then choose the Outgoing Server tab to find this option)
- If you are prompted about turning on SSL security leave it turned off. SSL is not used and this should be OFF.
Accessing Email Over the Web
You now have the ability to access your account from anywhere using any internet connection and web browser. Simply go to http://mail.yourdomainname.com and log in using your full email address and your password.
Visit our Webmail help page for more information.
If your account was set up as the "Primary Administrator" you will have additional functions when you use webmail. Among other function you can:
- Create new email accounts
- Change and disable email accounts
- And other administrator features that other users do not have.
iPhone IMAP setup: http://www.smartertools.com/Portal/KB/a282/how-to-configuring-an-imap-connection-for-your-iphone.aspx
By default Microsoft Outlook (as well as some other programs) will remove your email from the server each time Outlook grabs the message. It's a good idea to find the setting under Accounts to only delete emails from the server after a certain number of days, for example after 30 days.
For more help visit our Email FAQ Support page at www.pixelmarsala.com/support